Life's Coming Attractions

Helping people develop a positive mindset to achieve their dreams and enjoying it. Light your way to Success!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

What is a Mentor?

Do you have a Mentor in your business? A Mentor or two outside of your business? If you don’t, why not? I’m not talking about a boss that tells you what to do or what you should do. I’m talking about someone who you trust to tell you what you need to hear that helps you build your business and/or your life so you could live the way you want. You know, someone who literally takes you by the hand and shows you “Aha!” moments that changes your perception of a situation causing you to stretch your thinking. Yes, yes that kind of Mentor!

I’m not saying I’m that kind of Mentor……..yet! But, I’m working on it because it’s very important to me because I know all the great networkers out there have a Mentor(s). That’s how they got where they are today living their dreams and desires and yes, they did work to get there. It’s not so much that they worked “hard”, they worked “smart” and with a group of people they treasure receiving help from. I’m fortunate to have a group of Mentors that are helping me become a Mentor myself so I can help others.

You should be in a position where you’re working with a Mentor that can honestly say they want you to succeed. I know this sounds like “duh!” but really, you’d be surprised how many people don’t have one of these awesome people in their life. I’m serious, can you imagine? I can’t but then I may have forgotten since I’ve only been in network marketing for 7 years and it’s the last 5 years that I had a Mentor or two.

Now, just to be sure we’re on the same wavelength so far, a mentor is different from a psychiatrist in that a psychiatrist gets paid to hear your problems and finds a solution for you and hopes you abide by it. A Mentor asks questions and gives you answers that make you think how you can accomplish the goals you want to achieve. For example, they focus on your talents, skills, and motivations and suggest business building techniques that have brought tremendous results by other people who are just like you. THEN, as time goes on, you gain confidence in yourself to be able to step out of your comfort zone enough to actually go through bigger steps - and succeed! You have a Happy Dance ready when you get to this point don’t you? Pretty soon it will be weird if you DON’T have one. :-)

So, now that you know what a Mentor is and that you need one or two, what’s your next step? Take action and get involved. What do you have to lose?? No no, it’s not about losing, it’s about ‘what do you have to gain?’ A lot of personal development, a better outlook on life, your business producing cashflow, becoming your true self, enjoying the way you were meant to live, just to name a few.

Come with me and let’s learn and grow together by one of my trusted Mentors. Don’t forget to download the eye-opening e-book.

No more watching from the sidelines wondering where everybody went to create a lifestyle and make money without you.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thanks Mary for outlining the difference between a mentor and a boss in a business. All of us need such a mentor who can show the right path when we go astray. This is a unique perspective that I have come across through your blog. You can see another couple of blogs that provide a good insight into businesses as well, http://www.karmiccoach.com/ and http://www.mysticselling.com/.

    -Sunoj

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home