Life's Coming Attractions

Helping people develop a positive mindset to achieve their dreams and enjoying it. Light your way to Success!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hard Times

I learned something about a month ago and this post reminded me of it and thought I would share. I'm reading a book called "Wishcraft" by Barbara Sher and Annie Gottlieb. One of the chapters is titled "Is it Hard Times or is Network Marketing not for you". The terminology of course threw me off so I just had to read it! In this case, "hard times" means litterally throwing a fit or tantrum by yourself in a room until you get all the energy out of your system. I know you're thinking, "WTH??" (What The Heck?) Apparently, this technique is supposed to help you get out all your negative feelings in one shot, therefore, getting rid of all your mental/creative blocks so you can really "get down to brass tacks" of what you want to achieve to get to your goal. Pretty cool eh? :-)

You see, after the tantrum, you suddenly feel relieved of pressure you didn't know you had, possibly causing some laughter, and now you can start thinking creatively. I actually tried this and it felt so GOOD!!!! One I got all my negative whatevers out and expended, I found it easier to think about what I truly wanted and the ways to get what I wanted. I always tell people to think positive and find the silver lining in everything because it's there, you just gotta find it. But now, if you can't find it easily or it seems too obscure, or you feel like quitting, do a "Hard Times" session for 15 minutes and then rethink your position again. Chances are, the shimmer will appear in front of you more obvious than before and you'll be off and running again.

I've always done this with my kids but never thought about it for adults too. Even though I hate the noise, I know the end result will be worth it. When they're left to do their tantrum, they look foolish and silly and I can't help but laugh because they have all this anger over something so small in the big scheme of things. And because I'm laughing, they start to laugh too and they forget why they were pitching a fit to begin with and they're more agreeable to what needs to be done. Laughter allows the creativity to flow better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home