Life's Coming Attractions

Helping people develop a positive mindset to achieve their dreams and enjoying it. Light your way to Success!

Monday, October 09, 2006

Quick Delicious Platter for Guests

Who knew you can whip up a delicious platter with cream cheese other than cheesecake and bagels?? LOL This recipe ought to be a big hit for the kids to make too as well as a fun sight to see for party guests. :-)

Hi Mary! I enjoyed looking through your recipies for pumpkin goodies, and will get right on to making something for the halloween gathering this year.

Two years ago, I was running late for the party at my friends house, and didn't have time to prepare a goodie dish, so I put on my kitchen thinking cap and YES!!!......an idea popped into my head! I prepared this party treat in less than 5 minutes. Here Goes...I opened up a block of cream cheese, left it in the block shape...lightly sprinkled some paprika over it and the large plate I had placed the block of cream cheese on. Then the fun part...I opened a can of JUMBO black olives and cut one in half for a "body" and placed it on the middle of the block...then sliced eight thin olive "legs" and placed them on the body like a spider. I made a few more and set them randomly on the large platter....then filled in the spaces with Triscuit crackers and Wheat Thins. Simple Simon, and delicious......AND, I was asked to make them again last year...and again this year....I cut the rest of the olives in half and kept them in a bowl next to the platter, as the cream cheese and olive together on a cracker in quite addicting. Happy Halloween!!! Best of Love to you - Joy S., ID


Thank you Joy! Quick thinking and sounds delicious! One votive coming up to spark your spooky Halloween! LOL :-)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home